Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I swear summer is hiding somewhere, slinking and stalking with a vicious playfulness, just waiting to pounce on my ass. My chilly ass I might add! Spring seems to be backsliding in its final days, with weather akin to the side of the season that hugs winter, not summer. It’s been cool and damp and that tea I made for the fridge got heated up, let me tell you.
I made goddess cookies just to turn the oven on. And to try out the new cookie cutter I got this week in a goddess trade. Needless to say, this warmed my heart and my hut!
I made bread too, to keep the hut warm and dry and to make up for the shortbread debacle from yesterday.
And to keep the oven comfort steady, I made a cheddar cheese pizza with italian peppers and bermuda onions for supper.
I completed more “figures of love” and plan to get those up in my ArtFire Studio this evening. I also got some other figures primed (including those freakin’ adorable “demons” The Boy made the other day). And I still working on my silly tribal dream.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you.... first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
- Six of One by Rita May Brown
- The Joy of Cooking
- The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (not that I've actually read the complete works - yet!)
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Shining by Stephen King
- The No-Work Garden Book by Ruth Stout
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- National Lampoon presents Clair Bretecher
- The Guide to Self Sufficiency by John Seymour
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers by Stephen Harrod Buhner
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Harold and Maude by Colin Higgins
- The World is Not Enough by Zoe Oldenburg (- the novel that inspired me to pay attention to fiction, something that was neither my habit nor interest as a teen. I think I should like to give this another read ... some 35ish years later ...)
Sunday, June 14, 2009
That "chamomile start" I made yesterday continued today with the straining of the steeped plant matter, the addition of sugar, lemon juice and the yeast, all of which found a happy and loving home together in a one gallon jug.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
I give up activities of meaning and value to me just to teach lousy lessons. Lessons that will likely skirt under or soar over the awareness of the student.
It seems that there are those who walk this realm who make decisions about their actions based on a value that will be realized in their own lives and in the lives of others around them. Actions that have some personal meaning. Actions that contribute to something greater than themselves. Actions that culminate with a shared benefit.
And then, it seems, there are those who are simply along for the ride.So today my charge is to raise my own awareness of this freshly formed realization … and figure out how to make something of value come from it.